What personal information do we collect?
- We may collect personal information directly from you when you fill out our online surveys, leave a message in the “Contact Us” section of our Website, or enter information into the search engine(s) offered on our Website.
- Our Website collects location and technical information, including, but not limited to, your IP address, domain server, type of computer and browser used to access the Website.
Why do we collect personal information and how is it used?
- We collect personal information when you directly provide us with your personal information using our Website, to facilitate your use of our products and services.
- We use the contact information that we collect from you for communication purposes.
- We may use the information that you provide us while registering or updating your account information for Bosch.ca for marketing and promotion purposes.
Is personal information shared or disclosed?
- We use certain third party service providers, who may be granted access to the information we collect, to perform services on our behalf, including analysis and development services.
- We may transfer your personal information to our parent company, Robert Bosch Gmbh, which is located in Germany, and to our affiliates in the United States and Canada when processing data.
- We do not sell your personal information to any third parties. We note, however, that certain service providers that collect information from you on our behalf may use your information for their own purposes, which may include selling your information to third parties.
How do we protect personal information?
- We have implemented safeguards to protect personal information under our control, including the use of SSL 128 bit encryption.
- We do not authorize our service providers to retain, use or disclose personal information except as required to perform specific services on our behalf.
What are the risks?
- Although we take steps to safeguard the personal information under our control, "perfect security" does not exist online or elsewhere. In particular, we cannot guarantee the security of information posted or transmitted using our Website. Despite our use of encryption and other safeguards, there is a possibility that a third party may unlawfully intercept or access information.
What are your choices?
- You may cease using our Website and related products and services at any time.
- You may also request to access, modify or delete your personal information in our possession, subject to certain limitations.
Bosch, a sales division of Robert Bosch Inc., ("Bosch", "we", "us") respects the privacy of its users. In this document, we explain how we use personal information collected through, or in association with, our website located at www.bosch.ca (the “Website”). Please take a moment to read the following policy so that you can better understand how we collect, use, disclose and safeguard the personal information you may provide to us via the Website. As we update and expand our services, this policy may change, so please review it periodically.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the following personal information directly from you when you use our Website:
- Contact Us Section: We collect personal information that you may provide us when you leave a message in the “Contact Us” section of our Website.
- Consumer Surveys: We collect personal information from you when you respond to consumer surveys made available on our Website, from time to time.
Our consumer surveys are administered by one of our third party service providers on our behalf. Our service providers are not authorized to retain, use, or disclose any personal information that they collect and compile. The information collected through the surveys is retained by us in anonymized aggregate form in order to help us understand and better serve our customers.
- Searches: We also collect and retain information that is entered into the search engine(s) offered on our Website.
The Collection of Data from Children: We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from online visitors under 13 years of age. We also do not knowingly allow visitors under the age of 18 to participate in any of our promotions or contests.
How do we use the information we collect?
We may also use the contact information that you provide to us to send you mail, email and/or newsletters to provide you with information about us and our products and services. If you would prefer not to receive direct mailings from us, please complete and return to us the "opt-out" reply form that accompanies your mailing. If you prefer not to receive email from us, you will always have the opportunity to “opt-out” via a link provided at the bottom of every email communication. You also have the ability to update your preference in your personal profile.
With whom do we share the information we collect?
Sale of Data: We do not sell your personal information to any third parties. Although, certain of our service providers that collect personal information on our behalf may also use your information for their own purposes, which may include selling your information to third parties.
Data Analytics: In some cases, we may also work with third parties that do analysis and development on our behalf. We will share your personal information with such third parties on the condition that the third parties maintain the information as confidential and use the information only as specified by us.
International Data Transfer: Robert Bosch Inc. may transfer your personal information to our parent company, Robert Bosch Gmbh, which is located in Germany, and to our affiliates in the United States and Canada when processing data.
International Users: This Website is intended for and may be used only by residents of Canada for services to be performed in Canada. Our privacy practices are governed by the provincial and federal data protection laws of Canada, including those governing the privacy and security of your information. By providing us your personal information, you acknowledge that you are transferring your information to Bosch in Canada. By using the Website or providing your information to us through the Website, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to us, our handling of your information in accordance with applicable legal requirements, and that lawful access to your personal information will be subject to the laws of Canada.
How do we protect personal information?
We protect your personal information using physical, technological and organizational safeguards (collectively, “Safeguards”). We regularly review our practices to ensure they align with reasonable industry practices appropriate to the level of sensitivity to safeguard personal information against loss or theft, unauthorized access, alteration or disclosure.
Information submitted through our Website is transmitted using SSL 128 bit encryption to securely encrypt your personal information during transmission.
Despite using the Safeguards outlined above, "perfect security" does not exist, particularly online. We cannot guarantee the security of information posted or transmitted using our Website. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information. If you think someone is impersonating Bosch, that there has been a breach of your privacy, or you believe that you are the victim of fraud, please contact us as soon as possible.
How Do We Retain Personal Information?
We keep personal information for only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise authorized by you, or as otherwise necessary to comply with applicable laws or protect our interests. When personal information is no longer necessary for such purposes, we will take steps to have it deleted, destroyed, erased, aggregated or otherwise made anonymous.
Access to and Accuracy of Personal Information
We endeavour to ensure that any personal information that you provide is accurate, current, and complete. We encourage you to update your information or notify us of any potential inaccuracies in the information that we hold about you. You may request access to review, update, correct, or delete your personal information that we hold. In limited circumstances, access to certain information may be declined where we are required to do so by applicable law. We reserve the right not to change any personal information if we do not agree that it is inaccurate or outdated. Where a request for access is declined, we will provide you with written reasons for why your request has not been granted.
We invite you to contact us at the coordinates below, for any of the following reasons:
- To access, update or correct your personal information held by us.
- To withdraw your consent to any future use or disclosure of your personal information.
Robert Bosch Inc.
6955 Creditview Rd,
Mississauga, ONL5N 1R1